Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Dungeness postcard project for Studio 1


*You are invited to make postcards...



Theme: as a 'state of mind'

Postcard specifications: 

V. important - Card dimensions (for display carousel) 

size: 90 mm X 150 mm

Resolution:

The jpg images will need to be:
> At least A6 (105mm x 148mm) in size at 240 - 300dpi resolution
> Preferably set up as CMYK colour files

Example: 

Digital print prices + requirements from Sandgate printers..

Colour on front, b/w on reverse
On a 350gsm White card.
From your supplied hi res print ready pdf artwork, with trim marks and at least 3mm bleed.

An example of costs..

For 300 x 1 type card @ £50.00 + VAT
For 300 x 2 different cards (i.e 600 cards) @ £90.00 + VAT
For 300 x 8 sorts (i.e 2,400 cards) @ £288.00 + VAT

Finally 300 x 10 sorts (3,000 cards) @ £330.00 + VAT

*Do use your own preferred printer or www.sandgateprinters.com

Suggested text layout for continuity. Your name, work title, sizes, medium, contact details etc.  (stamp detail + logo optional or, add your own)


Important criteria:

The artist pays for the production of cards, the RNLI benefits from the proceeds.

 Generally, artists keep a good proportion as business cards, gifts etc...

Artists who have produced a card/s for the studios have gained at
least one direct or tangental commission from being visible at the studios which far outweighs the cost.

*Welcome aboard*

Paddy

1 comment:

  1. I intend to donate although my cards won't quite meet this brief. I need to get organised. Now, that's a phrase I thought I'd never use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - *No ghastly beastliness please* - I am now fed up, with deleting 'anonymous' for up to 20 minutes a day. Googlemail users only or set one up - Do comment - *It is appreciated* - We have a unique collaborative blog after all.